Itinerary: HCM – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho – Chau Doc – Tra Su Sanctuary - Chau Doc - HCM city
This is one of the best trip to explore Mekong Delta in depth. By taking this tour, you will be taken to the famous Mekong river in Vietnam. Starting with a boat trip to visit coconut tree lines by the river banks in My Tho, then a boat trip to explore Cai Rang floating market and an excursion around Chau Doc to learn more about the culture of Cham people.
- Visit the best of Mekong Delta region
- Daily departure group tour from Saigon
- Boat trips to visit island/islet/floating village
- Chance to learn more about local culture and their daily life
- Boat trips
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Hotel accommodation
- Air conditioner tourist bus
- English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expense.
Standard (2* hotel)
Price for Standard (2* hotel)
Superior (3* hotel)
Price for Superior (3* hotel)
Deluxe (4* hotel)
Price for Deluxe (4* hotel)
Luxury (4*++ hotel)
Price for Luxury (4*++ hotel)
- 07.40am - 08.00am Pickup and transfer to My Tho (~2 hours)
- Leave Ho Chi Minh city, enjoy the scenic journey along the way bordered by green rice fields. On arrival at My Tho, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise islet, have lunch in the orchard garden. Then a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre, enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shade of water coconut trees along natural canals, then enjoy seasonal fruit & honey tea to the sound of "Southern Vietnamese folk music", performed by the locals. Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle, taste delicious coconut candy & observe the pastoral life as you roam through the fruit plantations and villages. Proceed to Can Tho. Overnight in the hotel (family home-stay with dinner can be arranged on request). Free time to visit the bustling Can Tho market.
- Check into your hotel on arrival at Can Tho. Free to explore the city on your own in the evening. Overnight at your chosen hotel in Can Tho.
- Transfer by motorboat to a small village in Cai Rang district. Check into your riverside cottage. In the afternoon, go cycling or trekking around the village to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta people. Time to self-cooked dinner and enjoy it together with the local host. Enjoy an evening of traditional folk music with your neighbors. Overnight in your riverside cottage.
- Take a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong river (Bassac River), then proceed to Cai Rang floating markets (& Phong Dien is optional), which are the liveliest in the whole religion.
- Have you ever tasted Vietnamese vermicelli soup? Well, now go and see how it is made. Then wander around the village and meet the friendly local people and experience how to pass a "Monkey bridge" which is built by only one stem of bamboo. Visit the orchard garden. Stop for lunch. Proceed to Chau Doc, continue the tour to visit Tra Su, getting to the wild birds Sanctuary, cruising smoothly with small boats to discover the arrays of splendid canals deep into the forest, watching storks, cranes and other tropical birds. Back to the Town, hotel check in. Overnight in Chau Doc.
- If your hotel is located on some streets such as Pham Ngu Lao, Đe Tham, Bui Vien: We can offer free pickup at the hotel (we will reconfirm pickup address possibility and time after the booking is made successfully). Other places: come to the meeting point (220 De Tham, district 1) for pickup at 7:30 AM.
- Option homestay included dinner